Call for Abstracts
11th Meeting of the International Network on Timber Engineering Research (INTER)
Monday 26 August to Thursday 29 August 2024 – Padova, Italy
You are invited to attend the 11th meeting of INTER 2024 hosted by our Italian colleagues headed by Roberto Scotta from the University of Padova in Italy. The meeting will be held from Monday 26 August to Thursday 29 August 2024 (Closing) in Padova, Italy. Padova can be reached from Venice (Airport) by train or car
(approx. 40 km).
If you intend to present a paper during the meeting, please send an abstract (two pages) as soon as possible but not later than 29 February 2024 by E-mail to Rainer.Goerlacher∂partner.kit.edu. There are no guidelines (template) for the format of the abstracts but please consider the maximum of two pages.
Please ensure that your intended paper fits to the scope of the INTER group. That means that your paper should present new research results in timber engineering and should also propose new or modified application rules for design codes or standards related to timber engineering. This should clearly be stated in the abstract. In view of the increasing number of abstracts received for the last INTER meetings we can’t accept numerous papers from one author or one institution dealing with the same topic. Please combine these papers.
The acceptance of abstracts will be administered by a review team. In order to find a review team, the procedure will be as follows:
- The titles of all incoming abstracts are published on our homepage (end of February).
- Experts may apply for the review team by sending an E-mail to Rainer.Goerlacher∂partner.kit edu. They should indicate which topics (two or three) they want to review. It is important that reviewers have a broad knowledge covering these topics proven by a number of own papers within these topics.
- The chairman appoints the reviewers and they will receive a password for downloading the abstracts. Please note that the reviews should be performed within four weeks.
- The criteria for the acceptance are:
- State of the art, literature (complete?)
- (Assumed) content
- Relation to standards or codes
- Each criterion is judged from 0 (bad) to 5 (very good) and this will lead to an overall grade.
- All papers will be ranked and a threshold matched to the time schedule of the meeting is chosen.
Important: The receipt of the abstracts will be confirmed. If you do not receive a confirmation within a few days, your abstract has not arrived. In this case please send it again or try to contact me.
Finalised papers must have arrived before 22 July 2024. Papers arriving after that date will not be accepted for this meeting.
Technical papers for presentation at the meeting will be available prior to the meeting on our server to all members attending.
We are very much looking forward to meeting you again in person and discussing your research this summer.