Call for Abstracts
8th Meeting of the International Network on Timber Engineering Research (INTER)
Monday 16 August to Thursday 19 August 2021 – Online Meeting
You are invited to attend the 8th meeting of INTER 2021.
This meeting was planned to be held in Concepción, Chile. In view of the current COVID-19 situation and its unclear outlook, we are facing too many persistent uncertainties. After consulting with the local host, Peter Dechent, we decided to plan for an Online meeting like last year. A hybrid meeting was not seen as an adequate option for the INTER meeting. This is a difficult decision, also personally, as we had wished to be able to meet with all of you in Chile this year. We will evaluate options to realize an INTER meeting with our local host, Peter Dechent, in Concepción, Chile in one of the coming years.
If you intend to present a paper during the meeting, please send an abstract (two pages) as soon as possible but not later than 28 February 2021 by E-mail to Rainer.Goerlacher∂partner.kit.edu. There are no guidelines (template) for the format of the abstracts but please consider the maximum of two pages.
Please ensure that your intended paper fits to the scope of the INTER group. That means that your paper should present new research results in timber engineering and should also propose new or modified application rules for design codes or standards related to timber engineering. This should clearly be stated in the abstract.
The acceptance of abstracts will be administered by a review team. In order to find a review team, the procedure will be as follows:
- The titles of all incoming abstracts are published on our homepage (end of February).
- Experts may apply for the review team by sending an E-mail to Rainer.Goerlacher∂partner.kit edu. They should indicate which topics (two or three) they want to review. It is important that reviewers have a broad knowledge covering these topics proven by a number of own papers within these topics.
- The chairman appoints the reviewers and they will receive a password for downloading the abstracts. Please note that the reviews should be performed within four weeks.
- The criteria for the acceptance are:
- State of the art, literature (complete?)
- (Assumed) content
- Relation to standards or codes
- Each criterion is judged from 0 (bad) to 5 (very good) and this will lead to an overall grade.
- All papers will be ranked and a threshold matched to the time schedule of the meeting is chosen.
As some authors of papers that were intended for last year’s INTER meeting preferred to postpone the presentation of their paper to 2021, the number of papers accepted for INTER 2021 will be smaller compared to previous years. Numerous papers from one author or one institution dealing with the same topic/content will not be accepted. Please combine these papers.
Important: The receipt of the abstracts will be confirmed. If you do not receive a confirmation within a few days, your abstract has not arrived. In this case please send it again or try to contact me.
Finalised papers must have arrived before 12 July 2021. Papers arriving after that date will not be accepted for this meeting.
Technical papers for presentation at the meeting will be available prior to the meeting on our server to all members attending.