· Presentation, discussion and documentation of research results in timber engineering and development of application rules for timber design codes or standards related to timber engineering.
· Annual meetings in different countries/places hosted by meeting participants
· Presentation and discussion of papers
· Peer review of the abstracts before the meeting and of the papers during the meeting
· Decision of the acceptance of the abstracts before the meeting by a well-defined review process
· Decision of the acceptance of the papers for the proceedings during the meeting
· Publication of the papers and the discussion in proceedings
· All decisions including the appointment of the chairperson or the location of annual meetings are made by the participants attending a meeting.
· Persons contributing to or being interested in research related to timber engineering. There is no general membership fee but a registration fee for each meeting. The amount of the registration fee is decided by the meeting host in consultation with the chairperson.